The question of what's a normal sized penis now has a well-informed answer. Doctors searched through 17 published studies on more than 15,000 men who had their penis size measured by a health professional and graphed the averages in the recent issue of BJU International, formerly the British Journal of Urology.
The average measurements were:
- Flaccid length 3.61 in. (9.16 cm)
- Flaccid stretched length 5.21 in. (13.24 cm)
- Erect length 5.17 in. (13.12 cm)
- Flaccid girth or circumference 3.67 in. (9.31 cm)
- Erect circumference 4.59 in. (11.66 cm)